Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting Ready For The Trusses!!

Hey Everyone! So I apologize for my last post being quite confusing and without captions for the pictures, I added them tonight so check back to that post first!


I hope you checked it...... Cause this won't look as cool unless you did!




Today the framing of the walls was done and the plywood was put up. Also, yesterday my parents friends Paul and Cathy got to the cabin from Denver to help us out! Which we are so thankful for! I was up for the week this last week for the fourth. It's crazy out on the lake for this holiday and a lot of fun to see my awesome family. So I'll start out with a picture (Below) of what happens on the 3rd of July.

 So what happens is everyone on the Chain Of Lakes that we are in (http://www.spreadeaglechain.org is where you can go to see the chain) comes out on their boats and watches fireworks that are launched from an island in the middle of one of the lakes. It's really amazing to see how many boats come out and see them.
Fireworks (To my Colorado friends who didn't get to see these this summer, there will be a video on here eventually)


But anyway, the cabin is going well. Everything is on schedule and no being here and standing next to it is much bigger than the pictures show. Also, coming up tomorrow I am trading places in Denver with my mom who needs some time away from the city and is going to be here with my dad for their anniversary. Along with helping build of course. And then on Sunday my dad's friend Joe will be up just in time for the trusses to be set!!! Which will be one of the toughest parts of this build knowing that we will have a normal sized roof on part of the house and a giant roof on the other part to accommodate a loft and a truly GREAT family room!

Pictures below!!

First of all, to start off the day yesterday we had the trusses delivered. Now you would think this would be easy right? Think Again. Tight turns, trees, soft sand, heavy truck, giant hills and narrow roads. But without anymore explaining...





So once the driver was able to get the trusses in and drop them off we were able to get back to work on the garage framing.





So we're done with the framing, and ready to bring on the trusses! Thanks for following along! Below are just a couple fun things. The sunset from the future window, some of our baby ducks and the logs that were cut down that will soon be lumber! Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment